Fat bike update

Mountain Biking in Carrabassett Valley and Beyond

Fat bike update

Postby Pow on the Mao » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:36 pm

i started posting updates last year because the trail conditions page has good info but its hard to find if you don't have it bookmarked. suggest CR NEMBA or whoever starts a twitter. twitter >>>> facebook.

we are nearing the end of grooming season. the trails are in perfect shape but with a strong sun angle and some warm day time temps, be aware of soft conditions and trail damage. i ventured out last night at 6pm as the temp crossed back under 32 deg and there was some rutting damage from riders during the heat of the day. to be expected this time of year, but if you have options, consider early am or late pm. especially with DST, the evenings are great.

grooming is 100% perfect from grassy loops to Ford. the riding is 100% smooth and packed. spike has a tree down and is not being ridden. mike's does not get groomed but its packed enough from snowshoes.

spots near river on meade will start to melt soon. sun soaked areas on grassy loops (nearest NG trail) also will be toast in a few weeks.

want to mention a negative experience i had at the outdoor center trying to rent a bike recently. the short story is the staff was very uniformed, contradicted each other, did not have basic knowledge of the trail network.
i recommend not dealing with them. don't rent a bike from them, don't even deal with them. have fun on the town trails and rent from a local shop away from SL.
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Return to Mountain Biking