Mike's re-route complete

Mountain Biking in Carrabassett Valley and Beyond

Mike's re-route complete

Postby Pow on the Mao » Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:57 am

judging from the way its riding i think this is old news, but it was new to me, so i'm sharing with you all. Mike's (off Narrow gauge) has been re-routed away from the river up higher onto the natural bank with a machine built trail. it is now signed as blue. and other that the features at the exit / entrance, could ride like a green. RIP to that F*cking cedar tree by the river that clipped my shoulder every time... you know the one. this is a really nice improvement for connectivity over to oak knoll area and a huge improvement for fat bike grooming. mike's was never groomed before, but i bet it will be now. good stuff.

the mini excavator and grading buckets are now parked over by the entrance to oak knoll. any intel on what they are working on over there? has treadwell been made into a summer single track? didn't venture that direction... paging K2Trav for a trail construction update...
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Re: Mike's re-route complete

Postby k2trav » Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:16 am

I haven't heard much about trail construction this summer. I did walk down the bike trails in the broccoli gardens and it looks awesome, but they still have a ton of work to do, its certainly going to change the way you ski thru there, could be quite dangerous actually especially where it goes thru Stubs
http://www.sugarloafoutside.com
k2trav
Sugarloafer For Life

Re: Mike's re-route complete

Postby bigelow » Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:22 pm

crappy parts of newtons are supposed to be getting a tune up
bigelow
Sugarloafer

Return to Mountain Biking