AT setup

Some of it is good, some of it is bad. Tells us about your gear so the knowledge won't be lost if you ski into a tree.

AT setup

Postby Kestrel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Hey all been thinking about getting a new pair of skiis with an AT binding so I can skin some. I have a pair of Scarpa t1's i thought i would use. Any thoughts on a binding that the heel will lock down to ski?
Put a hook on that line
Kestrel
Kestrel
Sugarloafer

Re: AT setup

Postby cvagrad86 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:23 pm

I was suggested to go with the Marker Tour. I have been very happy with them so far. probably have 20-25 days of skinning in, including the few but memorable pow days. Bindings have been excellent.
cvagrad86
Sugarloafer

Postby Kestrel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Thanks. Would my Scarpa T-1 tele boots work with these? I assume my Nordica Fir Arrows would, but don't think i would want to skin in those?
Put a hook on that line
Kestrel
Kestrel
Sugarloafer

Postby Kenny » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:25 pm

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can use a tele boot in an AT set up. If its the old duck bill style, I don't think it will fit the AT toe piece safely. Some of the NTNs are compatible with the dynafit bindings, and may fit in other AT bindings, but I've always wondered whether the bellows would cause some instability with heel locked down on descent.
Kenny
Sugarloafer

Return to Gear Reviews