Saddleback SOLD to Majella

Re: Saddleback SOLD to Majella

Postby Glade Monkey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 am

redrider wrote:So yer sayin theres a chance...

about 31% according to this chart

here's the story: https://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=726&
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby loafasaur » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Glade Monkey wrote:
redrider wrote:So yer sayin theres a chance...

about 31% according to this chart

here's the story: https://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=726&

Hey, the Balsams/Wilderness and the Hotel could make a go of it. Dixville Notch is drop-dead gorgeous. The ski area grooms up to vanilla perfection. The consistent grade on all the main trails is intermediate heaven. "Hidden Getaways" are trendy. Get some Bretton Woods spinoff. Deluxe version of Maine Trails and Huts.

Les Otten was able to make a [i]small[i] ski area run in the black.
loafasaur
loafasaur
Sugarloafer

Postby farmboy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:31 am

WrathOfAramark wrote:Farmer sure stirred the hornet's nest over on facebook by changing page's picture back to the official logo.

You change one pic at 11pm some night and you would think you dropped a bomb :? Thought people would be happy that I switched it back. IDK
Sugarloaf, Saddleback and Sunday River..... The Western Maine Alps
farmboy
Sugarloafer

Postby tipsdown » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:22 pm

farmboy wrote:
WrathOfAramark wrote:Farmer sure stirred the hornet's nest over on facebook by changing page's picture back to the official logo.

You change one pic at 11pm some night and you would think you dropped a bomb :? Thought people would be happy that I switched it back. IDK

I don't think anyone is happy until there's skiing there again! What's the latest? Any closer to getting out of this mess?
tipsdown
Sugarloafer

Postby WrathOfAramark » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:10 pm

farmboy wrote:

Anything remotely close to customer relations and social media brings out the worst in humans. I think the slight air of pseudo-anonymity causes people to communicate in a manner much more viciously than one would in a face-to-face manner because there is no consequence.

Sometimes for chuckles I read the customer complaints people write on Comcast, United Airlines, and Express Scripts facebook page. I feel bad for those poor social media managers and CSRs although to be fair, those are corporations with well documented problems in customer service. My experience has been that Saddleback has been awesome and hopefully will be awesomer again soon.

Keep the good work up, Farmer. Hope to catch one of your walk-on sets down at Sarge's this winter with Tom Ball.
WrathOfAramark
Sugarloafer

Location: If I said I was born and raised 1 mile from the NH border, would you still think me a Masshole?

Postby LongRanger » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:30 am

Does reverting the web site and fb page imply that whatever 'deal' was done with Majella has finally timed out and full control returns to the Berrys so that other parties could be entertained again.
LongRanger
Sugarloafer

Postby b632 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:34 pm

LongRanger wrote:Does reverting the web site and fb page imply that whatever 'deal' was done with Majella has finally timed out and full control returns to the Berrys so that other parties could be entertained again.

I believe that is the case,yes
Stop thinking and end your problems. -Lao Tzu
b632
Sugarloafer

Postby bigelow » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:33 am

Place was skiing really good on the weekend. So fun
bigelow
Sugarloafer

Re: Saddleback Update

Postby Glade Monkey » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:35 pm

email from Farmboy (posted on the Friends of Saddleback FB page)

From Chris F.
You are hereby notified that the following meetings shall occur on the Morning of December 8th, 2018.
At 9 am there will be an informational meeting attended by Chris Farmer and Mark Berry to update on the status of the sale of the mountain. If in the interim 30 days a formal agreement or sale is completed to another party, a representative from that company shall be in attendance as well.

Following the 9am meeting there will be a short meeting of the Rock Pond Non Profit Maintenance Association to review financials and approve proposed budget.

Following the Rock Pond Non Profit Association Meeting the following associations shall meet:
South Branch, Rock Pond 2, Mountain Brook and Saddleback Estates Homeowners Association.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Re: Saddleback Update

Postby farmboy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:05 pm

[
Just a condo meeting. I added the caveat if it was sold a rep for the new buyer would be there to cover my bases. And of course as soon as I sent it. Immediately regretted it. <<facepalm>>

On another note. Skied the past 2 Friday’s at SL. Nice snow ! Awesome for November

Should be there most Friday afternoons and Sundays. If you go to the friends of saddleback page you can get my cell number if you want to do some runs

quote="Glade Monkey"]email from Farmboy (posted on the Friends of Saddleback FB page)

From Chris F.
You are hereby notified that the following meetings shall occur on the Morning of December 8th, 2018.
At 9 am there will be an informational meeting attended by Chris Farmer and Mark Berry to update on the status of the sale of the mountain. If in the interim 30 days a formal agreement or sale is completed to another party, a representative from that company shall be in attendance as well.

Following the 9am meeting there will be a short meeting of the Rock Pond Non Profit Maintenance Association to review financials and approve proposed budget.

Following the Rock Pond Non Profit Association Meeting the following associations shall meet:
South Branch, Rock Pond 2, Mountain Brook and Saddleback Estates Homeowners Association.
[/quote]
farmboy
Sugarloafer

Postby ME2VTSkier » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm

ME2VTSkier
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:10 pm

ME2VTSkier wrote:Saddleback News

Hmmm, I heard it was something different.
Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby vcskier » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 pm

More likely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekL7o8BQkZM

NELSAP is all but certain, without a large sugar-daddy/momma willing to loose lots of money.
vcskier
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:53 pm

vcskier wrote:More likely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekL7o8BQkZM

NELSAP is all but certain, without a large sugar-daddy/momma willing to loose lots of money.

Someone in Nassau County NY got about a quarter billion dollars richer this week (megamllions indeed), wonder if he/she is a skier?
Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 am

JohnnySmooothCat is getting the goods over there!

https://vimeo.com/312661718
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby cvagrad86 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:25 pm

While the snow and skiing look sublime, skiing those woods, at a resort that is closed with no services seems a bit....reckless. I know people do reckless things all the time, and I have from time to time, but the risks taken there seem pretty big for the result which wasn't jaw dropping(the skiing at night part). Loved the use of the drone on the second half....
cvagrad86
Sugarloafer

Postby Ski_The_East » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:55 pm

cvagrad86 wrote:While the snow and skiing look sublime, skiing those woods, at a resort that is closed with no services seems a bit....reckless. I know people do reckless things all the time, and I have from time to time, but the risks taken there seem pretty big for the result which wasn't jaw dropping(the skiing at night part). Loved the use of the drone on the second half....

Does that mean skiing backcountry woods is also too reckless? It’s all about knowing your risks and preparation for the worst
Ski_The_East
Sugarloafer

Postby farmboy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:10 pm

cvagrad86 wrote:While the snow and skiing look sublime, skiing those woods, at a resort that is closed with no services seems a bit....reckless. I know people do reckless things all the time, and I have from time to time, but the risks taken there seem pretty big for the result which wasn't jaw dropping(the skiing at night part). Loved the use of the drone on the second half....

It isn’t reckless if you’ve got the chops! :shock:
farmboy
Sugarloafer

Postby SkitheLoaf » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:20 pm

I finally made the trip to Saddleback this past Friday to make some turns. I've been meaning to make it over for the past few years. It was great to be back! Definitely sad to see it sitting idle. I appreciated that the T-bar line and Tri-color was groomed, and that the hut at the top of the double was open (especially given the temps and wind on Friday!). Snow conditions were great. In all I saw 8 other folks out hiking for the goods. Overall it was a great day. Here's hoping there is an end to Saddleback's sleep in the near future...
Stay Cool...Ski the Loaf :-)
SkitheLoaf
Sugarloafer

Postby redrider » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:22 pm

someone hot wire a groomer?
redrider
Sugarloafer

Postby Pow on the Mao » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:15 pm

they've groomed an uphill route for 2 seasons now. its an awesome scene over there. luxury climbing.
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby SpillwayEast » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Interesting...........surprised this forum is so quiet with the big news. Hopefully they can close the deal.
SpillwayEast
Sugarloafer

Postby redrider » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:22 pm

SpillwayEast wrote:Interesting...........surprised this forum is so quiet with the big news. Hopefully they can close the deal.

It's called , "Jaded"

To many false alarms , boy who cried wolf, etc etc.

Plenty of time to celebrate when the papers are signed.
redrider
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:56 pm

SpillwayEast wrote:Interesting...........surprised this forum is so quiet with the big news. Hopefully they can close the deal.

The fat lady isn’t even warmed up yet. #believeitwheniseeit
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby Andrew B. » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:16 am

gondicar wrote: #believeitwheniseeit

that has to be the worst hashtag in history :roll: :P
Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip
And come on up to the Mothership
Andrew B.
King Masshole

Postby ME2VTSkier » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:31 am

When the Rangeley double replacement has passed load-testing... then we'll believe it! :lol:
ME2VTSkier
Sugarloafer

Postby b632 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:00 pm

fake news.... there is no contract that is acceptable to the seller! it's still America, they can sell for the price they want.
Stop thinking and end your problems. -Lao Tzu
b632
Sugarloafer

Postby RockLobster » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:44 pm

At what point can condo owners that bought from Saddleback sue them for breach of contract? Whether a ski resort will stay open is probably too much a certainty to rely on, but there must be at least an implied duty to try to provide an active ski resort. I guess they would argue that they have been "trying" but some of these tries seem fairly disingenuous. I wonder how favorable the tax situation is for them with the mountain closed and taking losses.
RockLobster
Sugarloafer

Re: Saddleback Selling to someone?

Postby Glade Monkey » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:14 am

From the FB group page: "the broker, Dawn, emailed an update to property owners on 4/5 stating “... Currently, we have four buyers that are at different stages in the purchasing process. We are negotiating and working with all of them at the same time. Two of the buyers have the potential to close quickly and two of the buyers are many months out
:roll:
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

PreviousNext

Return to Saddleback discussion