Lifts shitting the bed creates spectacular day

Lifts shitting the bed creates spectacular day

Postby Loafman138 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:40 pm

First off.... How could you not love being a skier today? No flat light, bright sun, quality snow, no wind to speak of, and warm temperatures. Healthy crowd today at Saddleback. All was going superb until about... 11 when the Kennebago shit the bed HARD. It randomly made this awful Screeching sound and grinded to a halt. They reset it I guess and then after about 2 chair loads it did the same thing.. Just louder. That puppy didn't sound good, and it sent a group about 40 skiers bombing down Lower Weaver to try and beat the rush at the Rangeley. We waited through that for a run (It was about as busy as it was at the Rangeley as during a normal mid winter Saturday), headed over to the T-bar, then back into the yurt to have a sunny slow lunch. While watching 3 guys work hard on the lift and about 7 stand around, it magically started to turn. After waiting for about 20 minutes and watching them perform tests on it, at about 1230, I got first chair back up. The mechanics raced over to the Rangeley because apparently they couldn't get her restarted after hitting the kill switch, so basically about 12 of us had the quad and it's trails to ourselves for 3 runs. Only way to get there was the T-bar, and that must've been struggling with the presumed rush over there because you could hear it from the top of Muleskinner. Anyways they got the Rangeley up and running after about 20 minutes I guess.

The afternoon I lapped the Kennebago 1230-330. Amazing. Tightline, Supervisor, Govnah, Muleskinner, Casablanca # 4 were fast and awesome. Got pretty jammed at about 2 but whatevs, was totally worth it. This one was on track to be a real disaster but turned into an AMAZING day. One for the memories for sure. (Great look t the loaf from the summit too btw). Anyways, thank you very much Mechanics for keeping the lift shenanigans under control, all with a smile. Great day all around, I have some pictures but I don't know how to upload them and I'm bombed with homework. Hopefully it was just as yummy at the loaf
Skiing is more than an activity, it's a life style.
Loafman138
Sugarloafer

Return to Saddleback discussion