Big Sky trip end of next week

Write about your trips, ask veteran travelers questions & make everyone else jealous with your steezy shots and video clips.

Big Sky trip end of next week

Postby cruiser » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 am

We are taking a trip west next week doing some college tours for my oldest son. We are finishing the trip with a few days at Big Sky.

Staying slopeside at Huntly lodge as it seems that was the only option when we booked.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
John
cruiser
Sugarloafer

Re: Big Sky trip end of next week

Postby Skimaine » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:51 am

If you have not been before, take one or both of the free tours. They will show you around the Moonlight side and the Lone Peak / Androsite side. Best way to get the lay of the land. Our guide showed us some nice glades we would have probably missed.

I recommend hitting the Horn & Cantle at the Lone Mountain Ranch for dinner one night. It is expensive but worth it. Bring your appetite. It is just down the mountain from the base area.
One is one to many and one more is never enough
Skimaine
Sugarloafer

Postby shot ski » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Skimaine wrote:If you have not been before, take one or both of the free tours. They will show you around the Moonlight side and the Lone Peak / Androsite side. Best way to get the lay of the land. Our guide showed us some nice glades we would have probably missed.

I recommend hitting the Horn & Cantle at the Lone Mountain Ranch for dinner one night. It is expensive but worth it. Bring your appetite. It is just down the mountain from the base area.

Maybe too late but that is a very strong dinner recommendation, definitely agree. If the snow is good, Shedhorn and Dakota lift will have a ton of fresh snow but not quite as steep as other parts. I wouldn't really bother with anything to the left of Swift on the trail map. Swift current first thing to powder seeker then the tram will be the your best bet if you are there early before the lines start, the liberty bowl is the easiest way down. Scissorbills saloon had some apres music going on after the lifts close near the village area and shedhorn grill is good for a quick bite on mountain
shot ski
Sugarloafer

Postby cruiser » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:04 am

Awesome thanks guys

Heading there tomorrow

Can’t wait

Really appreciate the guidance
John
cruiser
Sugarloafer

Return to Travel