Cat skiing at Big Moose

Cat skiing at Big Moose

Postby loafman207 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:39 am

Was able to close down Big Moose in Greenville on Sunday. What a fantastic day and what a fantastic place. After warming up on the lower mountain triple for a few laps, we caught the 1130 cat to the summit for $40. The cat holds about 15 people and was sold out for the rest of the day (ran every half hour). After the cat trip to the summit, we hiked (I just have snowshoes but my friend has a touring set up) and did 3 more laps from the summit. All told I skied East Branch, St. Croix, Piscataquis and Moose River, while we uphilled on Penobscot.

Fantastic powder runs (about a foot an a half of new-ish snow) and stunning views. The trail work they did this past summer (recutting St. Croix, Piscataquis, Moose River and the double black Seboomook after 19 years of growth) led to amazing results. Narrow, steep trails with amazing views of Katahdin, Mt. Kineo and Moosehead Lake. This place is the real deal folks, especially if you like adventure or non-lift service stuff.

A good crowd there but never a wait at the lift, also, our lunch included 2 cheeseburgers, 2 Powerades and 2 tall PBRs, ringing in at $32. Can't beat it! Seriously check this place out next year if you get a chance! Their Facebook page is called friends of the mountain.

Cheers!
loafman207
Sugarloafer

Re: Cat skiing at Big Moose

Postby Andrew B. » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:08 pm

Solid :D
Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip
And come on up to the Mothership
Andrew B.
King Masshole

Return to Other Maine Mountains