Season Pass Pricing

Talk about anything here, just play nice. Personal attacks will result in banning on any forum in the chat, including this one.

Season Pass Pricing

Postby essslsclsact » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:00 pm

Any idea on pricing especially how good the one week sale will be. Seems like trying to raise early cash again, but will it be worth it to us skiers.
Going strong as a Loafer Since The 70s

Location Portland Area
essslsclsact
Sugarloafer

Re: Season Pass Pricing

Postby Glade Monkey » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:52 pm

Pass prices will be $50-100 higher than last year.
Renewal discount will be $50-100 depending on pass.
Prices will go up at end of April.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby essslsclsact » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:26 pm

The Announcement states "LOWEST PRICES OF THE YEAR
MARCH 8-14"

This implies prices go up after March 14, but could be tricky wording as the lowest prices could continue after the 14th and not be inconsistent with the wording. I really dislike this tricky marketing stuff. Guess we'll know more in two days, but maybe not the complete story.
Going strong as a Loafer Since The 70s

Location Portland Area
essslsclsact
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:34 pm

essslsclsact wrote:The Announcement states "LOWEST PRICES OF THE YEAR
MARCH 8-14"

This implies prices go up after March 14, but could be tricky wording as the lowest prices could continue after the 14th and not be inconsistent with the wording. I really dislike this tricky marketing stuff. Guess we'll know more in two days, but maybe not the complete story.

Doesn’t seem all that tricky, especially if you are a returning customer since it is pretty much the same process year in and year out.
Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby High Ball » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:02 pm

At zero percent interest, I've always opted for the payment plan and did that for 22/23. To my surprise, I found that Affirm is really a fintech consumer finance company and that you're really applying for a loan which will probably show up on your credit report. Also, you can't pay with a credit card. They make you use your debit card, which I don't like to do for anything but an ATM withdrawal. Oh, and they'll also bombard you with marketing emails trying to sell you all kinds of other crap. I just paid it off and won't be doing that again.
High Ball
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:21 pm

I think the FLASH SALE is focused on selling to people who don't have a pass to renew, but plan to buy for next season & want to ski "free" the rest of this season.
Did the Affirm thing with Ikon a few years back and agree they are pain - also the 0% is only if you have decent credit, lots of Ikoners in the FB group complained about getting a high interest rate.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby High Ball » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:31 pm

Glade Monkey wrote:I think the FLASH SALE is focused on selling to people who don't have a pass to renew, but plan to buy for next season & want to ski "free" the rest of this season.
Did the Affirm thing with Ikon a few years back and agree they are pain - also the 0% is only if you have decent credit, lots of Ikoners in the FB group complained about getting a high interest rate.

I was pretty disappointed in Sugarloaf's transparency on what the deal with Affirm really was last year. I never heard of anyone getting charged interest last year, although I was out of there pretty quickly once I knew I couldn't use my credit card.
High Ball
Sugarloafer

Postby skiMEbike » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:00 pm

The new pass prices have been posted....

From what I can tell it looks like the Gold Pass renewal went up $60 from last years early discount flash "sale". Does anyone know the answer to this...What happens if I currently have a Silver and upgrade to a Gold, do they consider that a "renewal"? And what about the opposite going from Gold down to Silver, Is that a renewal? Trying to figure out if you get the "Renewal" rate or the "New" rate ?

Also noticed there appears to be a typo in the blackout dates they list 13 days but state 12 blackouts....I think they accidentally included 12/25 as a blackout (and normally it is not IIRC) :roll:
skiMEbike
Sugarloafer

Postby thebigo » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:30 pm

I switched from silver to bronze last year, had to call but they gave me the renewal rate.
thebigo
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:31 pm

skiMEbike wrote:The new pass prices have been posted....

From what I can tell it looks like the Gold Pass renewal went up $60 from last years early discount flash "sale". Does anyone know the answer to this...What happens if I currently have a Silver and upgrade to a Gold, do they consider that a "renewal"? And what about the opposite going from Gold down to Silver, Is that a renewal? Trying to figure out if you get the "Renewal" rate or the "New" rate ?

Also noticed there appears to be a typo in the blackout dates they list 13 days but state 12 blackouts....I think they accidentally included 12/25 as a blackout (and normally it is not IIRC) :roll:

Looks like both Gold prices are $60 higher than the starting prices last year.
Relatively sure that as long as you have a pass for this season in your profile then you can use renewal pricing for any new pass.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby TheHangingJudge » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:39 pm

I believe they also reduced the number of Buddy Tickets allowed for Gold from 12 to 10.

Glade Monkey wrote:
skiMEbike wrote:The new pass prices have been posted....

Looks like both Gold prices are $60 higher than the starting prices last year.
Relatively sure that as long as you have a pass for this season in your profile then you can use renewal pricing for any new pass.
TheHangingJudge
Sugarloafer

Postby skiMEbike » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:55 pm

TheHangingJudge wrote:I believe they also reduced the number of Buddy Tickets allowed for Gold from 12 to 10.

I am not seeing that..What I see is 12 Buddy Tickets
skiMEbike
Sugarloafer

Postby TheHangingJudge » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:05 pm

They must have fixed it.

skiMEbike wrote:
TheHangingJudge wrote:I believe they also reduced the number of Buddy Tickets allowed for Gold from 12 to 10.

I am not seeing that..What I see is 12 Buddy Tickets
TheHangingJudge
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:41 pm

Indy, Epic and Ikon prices are out too.
https://www.indyskipass.com/ - works at 3 Maine mountains: Black, SB and Big Rock
https://www.epicpass.com/
https://www.ikonpass.com/
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Ltaylor56 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:12 am

skiMEbike wrote:Does anyone know the answer to this...What happens if I currently have a Silver and upgrade to a Gold, do they consider that a "renewal"?

I upgraded from Silver this year to Platinum for next year (for the Ikon base pass, intending to travel a bit). Was given renewal rate without a hitch.

As with others, I bailed on Affirm once I got a few clicks into the process.
Ltaylor56
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:46 pm

Ltaylor56 wrote:
skiMEbike wrote:Does anyone know the answer to this...What happens if I currently have a Silver and upgrade to a Gold, do they consider that a "renewal"?

I upgraded from Silver this year to Platinum for next year (for the Ikon base pass, intending to travel a bit). Was given renewal rate without a hitch.

Saw a thread on the SR chat making the case for dropping down from platinum and buying silver along with full ikon. That way you don’t get the base blackouts and can use it when blacked out on silver at SL & SR, plus you get all the western resorts which are extra for base plus.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Ltaylor56 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:46 pm

Glade Monkey wrote:
Ltaylor56 wrote:

Saw a thread on the SR chat making the case for dropping down from platinum and buying silver along with full ikon. That way you don’t get the base blackouts and can use it when blacked out on silver at SL & SR, plus you get all the western resorts which are extra for base plus.

Hadn't thought of that! Solid point. The math:

Renew @ silver + ikon non-renewal = 859 + 1159 = 2018

Vs

Renew @ platinum = 1649.

So for 369 more, someone who needs to leave Sugarloaf and ski other ikon resorts during blackouts could benefit. In my use case, platinum Sugarloaf plus two separate trips to ikon resorts next winter works well. I used some of that difference for first tracks upgrade instead...
Ltaylor56
Sugarloafer

Postby C Koch » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:02 pm

Has anyone noticed a pretty substantial discount for Senior Platinum and Gold passes? The senior discount is $300 on the gold pass versus just $50 on the silver pass (and no discount on bronze). Until this year, I had not paid much attention. I'm too young to get the senior pricing this year but the other half (4 1/2 months older than I) opted for Gold and there are some decent benefits to go along with that.
C Koch
Sugarloafer

Postby machski » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:33 pm

As with others, I bailed on Affirm once I got a few clicks into the process.[/quote]
Saw a thread on the SR chat making the case for dropping down from platinum and buying silver along with full ikon. That way you don’t get the base blackouts and can use it when blacked out on silver at SL & SR, plus you get all the western resorts which are extra for base plus.[/quote]

Hadn't thought of that! Solid point. The math:

Renew @ silver + ikon non-renewal = 859 + 1159 = 2018

Vs

Renew @ platinum = 1649.

So for 369 more, someone who needs to leave Sugarloaf and ski other ikon resorts during blackouts could benefit. In my use case, platinum Sugarloaf plus two separate trips to ikon resorts next winter works well. I used some of that difference for first tracks upgrade instead...[/quote]

Platinum is a better deal depending on where you intend to travel with the iKon. You have to check that first as the Platinum's Base iKon locks you out of several resorts out west now that are only on the Base Plus or Full iKon. There is no way to upgrade that Base the Platinum comes with.
machski
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:57 am

24/25 Flash Sale March 6-12
No Platinum for next season
Adult prices (some have youth and senior rates)
Gold Renewal $1329 / New $1389 - add ons: First Tracks $350, Pleasant Mtn $99, Ikon Base $299
Silver $919 / $959
Bronze $649 / $699
Nitro $439 / $469 - ages 19-29
College Gold $449 / $459
College Silver $349 / $359
Maine Student $549 / $579 - ages 6-18
Child & Senior $30
Community $639 / $689 (Teacher $729, Student $379)
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Sloaf ME » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:40 pm

Glade Monkey wrote:24/25 Flash Sale March 6-12
Gold Renewal $1329 / New $1389 - add ons: First Tracks $350, Pleasant Mtn $99, Ikon Base $299
Silver $919 / $959
Bronze $649 / $699
College Gold $449 / $459
Child & Senior $30

I wonder how many family’s will be disappointed by the new age restriction on the Nitro pass and not renew? I’ve been buying that for my kids since it was introduced in 19/20 as a 6-29 age pass. To renew with 4 Silvers will be $3,676 vs the $2,716 it would have been had the age group not changed. Disappointing.
Sloaf ME
Sugarloafer

Postby Sloaf ME » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:48 pm

Sloaf ME wrote:
Glade Monkey wrote:24/25 Flash Sale March 6-12
Silver $919 / $959
Bronze $649 / $699
College Gold $449 / $459
Child & Senior $30

I wonder how many family’s will be disappointed by the new age restriction on the Nitro pass and not renew? I’ve been buying that for my kids since it was introduced in 19/20 as a 6-29 age pass. To renew with 4 Silvers will be $3,676 vs the $2,716 it would have been had the age group not changed. Disappointing.

Please disregard, there is a youth option for the Silver pass now and it’s priced at $429. My faith has been, slightly, restored.
Sloaf ME
Sugarloafer

Postby heavysquad4 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:46 pm

There was a time when you would just pay Sugarloaf in 3 installments. Spring summer and fall. I am sure it was a nightmare for the mountain to chase people.
heavysquad4
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:29 am

heavysquad4 wrote:There was a time when you would just pay Sugarloaf in 3 installments. Spring summer and fall. I am sure it was a nightmare for the mountain to chase people.

Now Boyne (& Ikon) have outsourced financing to Affirm, who can offer you anywhere from 0% to 36% APR depending on your credit score. I checked through their process one year and even though they offered 0% and 8 or 10 months to pay, I just paid up front. Epic pass has a similar payment option with another lender, except theirs are all 0% and varying lengths up to 12 months, and again the offer you get is based on credit score.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Alpiner » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:58 pm

gondicar wrote:
MARCH 8-14"

Doesn’t seem all that tricky, especially if you are a returning customer since it is pretty much the same process year in and year out.

Where did you guys see this? Went to go purchase today and discovered the sale was March 6-12. :(
Bring back King Pine T-bar, Lower Binder, Rascals, Haywire park.
Alpiner
Sugarloafer

Postby bigelow » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:31 pm

It was all over the internets. Don't worry, the prices are only $30 more now (Silver), which is 2 beer at most mountain owned establishments.
bigelow
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:55 pm

Alpiner wrote:
gondicar wrote:
MARCH 8-14"

Where did you guys see this? Went to go purchase today and discovered the sale was March 6-12. :(

Look again, the post you quoted is from 2023 :lol: 8)
Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:24 pm

$60 miss for a gold renewal :oops:
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Alpiner » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:46 pm

Ahh shit! :lol:

Damn zombie threads.
Bring back King Pine T-bar, Lower Binder, Rascals, Haywire park.
Alpiner
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:24 pm

Alpiner wrote:Ahh shit! :lol:

Damn zombie threads.

gondicar
Sugarloafer

Return to General Discussion