Bucksaw Express Announcement

Talk about anything here, just play nice. Personal attacks will result in banning on any forum in the chat, including this one.

Re: Bucksaw Express Announcement

Postby Tree » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:42 pm

Before blaming Sugarloaf,remember Doppelmayr was contracted by Boyne/Sugarloaf to install the lift.
Tree
Sugarloafer

Postby Andrew B. » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:27 pm

After one ride (when ever that is) no one will remember this thread
Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip
And come on up to the Mothership
Andrew B.
King Masshole

Postby gondicar » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:58 pm

Andrew B. wrote:After one ride (when ever that is) no one will remember this thread

That would be nice, but pissing and moaning is the sugarloaftoday.com way. :roll:
Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby Rossignolsoul7 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:21 pm

Missing a deadline by 2 days isn't the end of the world... Same weekend, come on.
Rossignolsoul7
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:34 am

Rossignolsoul7 wrote:Missing a deadline by 2 days isn't the end of the world... Same weekend, come on.

Band free show - check
Beer release - check
Bucksaw spinning - anticipated

"Note that King Pine is not running today so the trails that bring you to the bottom of that lift will be exited via Crosshaul.
This weekend is filled with excitement. Mallett Brothers Band performs in the Widowmaker on Saturday evening, the new Bucksaw Beer from Orono Brewing Company gets released, and the new Bucksaw Express lift is anticipated to spin."

BTW - Has the lift passed the load test yet?
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby High Ball » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:39 am

Glade Monkey wrote:
Rossignolsoul7 wrote:Missing a deadline by 2 days isn't the end of the world... Same weekend, come on.

Band free show - check
Beer release - check
Bucksaw spinning - anticipated

"Note that King Pine is not running today so the trails that bring you to the bottom of that lift will be exited via Crosshaul.
This weekend is filled with excitement. Mallett Brothers Band performs in the Widowmaker on Saturday evening, the new Bucksaw Beer from Orono Brewing Company gets released, and the new Bucksaw Express lift is anticipated to spin."

BTW - Has the lift passed the load test yet?

If you ski at Saddleback, why do you care ?
High Ball
Sugarloafer

Postby heavysquad4 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:43 am

Andrew B. wrote:After one ride (when ever that is) no one will remember this thread

I like this comment.

Al Gore told me he invented the internet for airing grievances.
heavysquad4
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:21 am

High Ball wrote:If you ski at Saddleback, why do you care ?

I ski everywhere I get the opportunity...Camden to Mars Hill and everywhere in Maine in between, plus at least one trip out west per season and occasionally Europe. Haven't made to SB yet this season and have my most days at SL.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Pow on the Mao » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm

i think it might be weather related. no biggie. agree w/ Andrew B.
Gondi i think its just the jaded nature of longtime loafers. we've been rug-pulled so many times by SL that we have been conditioned for disappointment. its a defense mechanism. i for one had little hope it would open this season.. so personally my stoke is high for the grand opening. i may never park at shipyard again!!! woooo

maybe if we all get SL face tattoos highball will love us again. (even if we think saddleback is a gem). just kidding man. as ocho cinco would say "i love you" all in the same fraternity.
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Postby heavysquad4 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:27 pm

Sugarloaf just cancelled the opening this weekend.
heavysquad4
Sugarloafer

Postby Alpiner » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:03 pm

Aaaand there it is.
Bring back King Pine T-bar, Lower Binder, Rascals, Haywire park.
Alpiner
Sugarloafer

Postby DoubleBitter » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:04 pm

heavysquad4 wrote:Sugarloaf just cancelled the opening this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/666257105482582 :(
DoubleBitter
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:08 pm

Don’t worry, be happy & enjoy the beer

Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby darkwizard » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:55 pm

I could see any number of reasons for not being on time with the scale of project Bucksaw is. But, unforeseen circumstances out of control is curious. There have been unforseen circumstances out of control as recent as December for sure.
darkwizard
Sugarloafer

Postby Pow on the Mao » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:12 pm

rug pull.
"CLASSIC SUGARLOAF"

why dont you tell us the unforeseen circumstances.

paging pundersen.. whats the deal?
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Postby Alpiner » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:00 am

Bring back King Pine T-bar, Lower Binder, Rascals, Haywire park.
Alpiner
Sugarloafer

Postby Rossignolsoul7 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:46 am

As much as I love bashing SL's incompetent management, I am not ready to blame them here without additional information. Instead, I am making a perfectly valid assumption that this postponed event is due to some government/inspection/bureaucratic-related fuckery from the state of Maine.
Rossignolsoul7
Sugarloafer

Postby High Ball » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:27 am

Rossignolsoul7 wrote:As much as I love bashing SL's incompetent management, I am not ready to blame them here without additional information. Instead, I am making a perfectly valid assumption that this postponed event is due to some government/inspection/bureaucratic-related fuckery from the state of Maine.

I don’t think SL’s management is incompetent, but agree that it’s probably some BS like this. That said, they definitely need to improve their public communication. In the real business world, you don’t announce dates like this unless you are 99.998% sure you can hit them and if you don’t someone usually winds up with a career ending injury.
High Ball
Sugarloafer

Postby Andrew B. » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:30 am

Rossignolsoul7 wrote:As much as I love bashing SL's incompetent management, I am not ready to blame them here without additional information. Instead, I am making a perfectly valid assumption that this postponed event is due to some government/inspection/bureaucratic-related fuckery from the state of Maine.

I would add that there is a good chance something came up broken/missing/wrong size in the start up process. if its any electrical component beyond a duplex outlet I can almost guarantee the all mighty "supply chain issues" are kicking in.

free Mallet bros show is cool 8)
Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip
And come on up to the Mothership
Andrew B.
King Masshole

Postby heavysquad4 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:35 am

Turns out, this is the 1200 acres of land they sold and they got kicked off of it.

This will get a response from the big wigs. you watch
heavysquad4
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:14 am

heavysquad4 wrote:Turns out, this is the 1200 acres of land they sold and they got kicked off of it.

This will get a response from the big wigs. you watch

A big empty space???
Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby k2trav » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:22 pm

High Ball wrote:

I don’t think SL’s management is incompetent, but agree that it’s probably some BS like this. That said, they definitely need to improve their public communication. In the real business world, you don’t announce dates like this unless you are 99.998% sure you can hit them and if you don’t someone usually winds up with a career ending injury.

Its a sheeve train issue. Imagine being the person that had to call all the special invitees not once but twice. They shouldn't have made an announcement until they were %100 sure they were ready. You know the people that someone of you view as negative were at one time the most positive but they gave a shit and paid attention. Its funny seeing people attitudes change from when they were weekend warriors and now live here and see how things are
http://www.sugarloafoutside.com
k2trav
Sugarloafer For Life

Postby EXILED » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:51 pm

Perhaps Kircher was delayed?? Will there be champagne at Bucksaw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ufCFxOi88
???
Words of wisdom, Lloyd, words of wisdom...
EXILED
Head Zipe

Postby heavysquad4 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:07 pm

Hey we got a halfpipe! that's pretty cool.
heavysquad4
Sugarloafer

Postby cccski » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:48 am

I recall a sheeve train issue on the old Spillway Chair just before it de-roped. I was riding up the chair and just at Spillway Headwall, the first pulley on the sheeve train was out of round and the cable was bouncing over it. I got off at the top and it de-roped. Yikes!

My wife had the thrill of a Nantucket Sleighride when King Pine's gearbox failed and she went 300 feet in the wrong direction, had to be evacuated, but was given tickets for hot chocolate.

So, given Sugarloaf"s penchant for catastrophic lift failures, I would let them take all the time they need to fix the sheeve train.

I did see management taking publicity photos at the junction of Chipper and West Mountain yesterday when I was skiing home to West Mountain, so they must be close.
cccski
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:55 am

All the chicken littles around here are getting their “I told you so” moment. Is it snowing yet? :? :lol:
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby SpillwayEast » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:58 am

On the @SugarloafSnow X account they should mention Bucksaw Express as being on 'Maintenance Hold' like Timberline is today
SpillwayEast
Sugarloafer

Postby b632 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:53 am

Being involved in many construction projects and re-habs I’m not even the slightest bit surprised. In fact hats off for getting this far this quick. Not one…. I repeat… not one.. of the projects we were part of this year was finished on time. A week late? As Larry David would say.. “pretty pretty good” .. i had looked forward to ski it (legit) but will be away for the opening..
Stop thinking and end your problems. -Lao Tzu
b632
Sugarloafer

Postby High Ball » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:37 am

b632 wrote:Being involved in many construction projects and re-habs I’m not even the slightest bit surprised. In fact hats off for getting this far this quick. Not one…. I repeat… not one.. of the projects we were part of this year was finished on time. A week late? As Larry David would say.. “pretty pretty good” .. i had looked forward to ski it (legit) but will be away for the opening..

Thanks for some professional insight !
High Ball
Sugarloafer

Postby SKIER iZ PrO » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:19 pm

b632 wrote:Being involved in many construction projects and re-habs I’m not even the slightest bit surprised. In fact hats off for getting this far this quick. Not one…. I repeat… not one.. of the projects we were part of this year was finished on time. A week late? As Larry David would say.. “pretty pretty good” .. i had looked forward to ski it (legit) but will be away for the opening..

For sure. Case in point, go look at the shit show Magic Mtn, VT has dealt with for the past 5 years trying to install an old quad they bought from neighbor Stratton Mtn. Each year it’s been promised to be done for the winter season yet it still hasn’t opened.
SKIER iZ PrO
Sugarloafer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion