2/27 Report

2/27 Report

Postby loafman207 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:50 pm

A great day at saddleback today. Busy day with it being NH vacation week but no real lines to speak of. Excellent snow cover and great conditions all around. The glades are still in decent shape and they still have the chance of a long season if they get a dump or two. Great to see the place really thriving, the rangeley express is just such a game changer.

I was staying at sugarloaf the last few days but am very happy I made the skip a few towns over for the day. We are very fortunate to have such great mountains in western Maine… I’m off to Sunday River next weekend and will report!
loafman207
Sugarloafer

Re: 2/27 Report

Postby k2trav » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:38 pm

I was there, it was amazing, I couldn't believe Muleskinner was so good
http://www.sugarloafoutside.com
k2trav
Sugarloafer For Life

Postby tristan » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:51 pm

I took my kids there on President’s Day and noticed the same thing. The lodge was crowded but the lifts were ski on all day. Great snow conditions over there & some fabulous old-school, narrow winding runs.
tristan
Sugarloafer

Postby Pow on the Mao » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm

3/16 we took a family of 4 over to meet up with friends for a tailgate party. was bumpin' all day. great scene at the lodge with the demos and dj. never tailgated in lower lot before, quite the scene there too. between the group we skied every glade on the mountain edge to edge. was also their banked slalom sat.
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Postby darkwizard » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:36 pm

My daughter and I were there Saturday too. Got a relaxed start out of the house and after the 3 hour drive got there about 10:30. It was a bit of a effort to get onto the mountain from the truck, but conditions were great, and got better as the day went on on the trails anyhow. Sara's first time up the Kennebago that day. We found the best snow on Lower Peachys I think it was but didn't venture into the trees. We did hit some nice bumps on Parmachenee. I wanted to get into the trees but we are not quite ready. Busy day, but great day.
darkwizard
Sugarloafer

Return to Saddleback discussion