Saddleback Snow Measurements

Saddleback Snow Measurements

Postby Glade Monkey » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:30 am

They are now promoting "Miracle March" and claim to have gotten over 60" for the month after 9" from the recent storm.
The SL weather log only adds up to 37" in March including 6 + 2 over the last week.
Did a I miss a big storm or did they just buy an extra special resort ruler for spring???

March SL = 37" from weather log
March SB = 60'+ from Twitter, mtn report, etc.

Season total SL = 164" from weather log
Season total SB = 168" from mountain report
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Re: Saddleback Snow Measurements

Postby loafman207 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:56 am

I'll be there for the rest of the week - I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it! Wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth there, they've pulled the rabbit out of the hat many times in the past
loafman207
Sugarloafer

Postby WrathOfAramark » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:41 pm

60" in March? Maybe. I had to pay the plow guy for a few storms and I think I got at least 40" plus a bunch of days of upslope where it just snow-showered for 12 hours straight.

It was deep last weekend. Saturday afternoon was a blast. Sunday... we went up for the cardboard box race which was fun but it was definitely hard and cold and shiny.
WrathOfAramark
Sugarloafer

Location: If I said I was born and raised 1 mile from the NH border, would you still think me a Masshole?

Postby loafman207 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:00 pm

Skied Friday and Saturday. Boilerplate unfortunately, but a good time at the ole spring bash. I skied the rangeley lakes trail center on Friday too - they definitely are buried with snow. Saddleback could go into mid May if the people would support it.

Took plenty of T-bar laps this weekend. That lift was a smart investment for what sounds like about the 1/3rd the price of a chairlift. New England needs more T-bars.
loafman207
Sugarloafer

Return to Saddleback discussion