Saddleback Banked Slalom

Saddleback Banked Slalom

Postby WrathOfAramark » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:14 pm

I signed up for the banked slalom tomorrow at Saddleback.

I'm going to lose to Seth Wescott, aren't I?

Question is... by how much?

Anyone else racing?
WrathOfAramark
Sugarloafer

Location: If I said I was born and raised 1 mile from the NH border, would you still think me a Masshole?

Re: Saddleback Banked Slalom

Postby cruiser » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:53 pm

My son did the race. Seemed like a good turnout but the course was rather interesting.

Tough day for Saddleback though with two lifts down and cars parked down their access road.

I have to get back there sometime during the week if the lifts are working.

John
cruiser
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:34 am

Don't see Seth's name anywhere in the results....https://www.live-timing.com/report.php?r=251615&rp=1004288&page=1
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Pow on the Mao » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:58 am

man, wish i checked this before the weekend. we had a big crew there on saturday. would have been great to meet up.

Saddleback was more crowded than i had ever personally seen it on saturday. they managed it well, but two lifts down was a bummer on such a busy day.
i heard that Kennebago is a motor issue, but they know the fix, it may take a few days to reopen. so check in before you head over this week.
south branch is some type of control issue, again what i heard is it will be back quite shortly.

we arrived at 9am and parked in the top lot. the banked slalom seemed sold out to me. bibs everywhere. also parlor and winterstick demos. mallet bros at 4pm. all added up to a capacity crowd.
but to put it in perspective - i was in line at the Rangeley when it was full on both sides, guy next to me timed us... 12 mins. this is with 2 lifts down, so i'd say the Rangeley is a beast. did like 13 laps on 1 lift

we didn't get to ride the steeps at all. the am was totally socked in- dark, wet and cold. (like shotski's mom.) we were foolish tho because no tightline for us. by noon it was a different day. perfect deck weather. high vibes -my wife drove us home. lodge and food were at capacity lunch and apres. pub was pumping. best bet was obtaining cans from caf. next year will be cool at new on-mountain lodge.. i hope there is a deck and beer. faces the right direction. if lifts close at 5 in spring you'll be able to hang up there until like 4:30pm, very nice.

looks like they have new shuttle busses. at least the big one looks very new.
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:27 pm

Pow on the Mao wrote: next year will be cool at new on-mountain lodge.. i hope there is a deck and beer. faces the right direction. if lifts close at 5 in spring you'll be able to hang up there until like 4:30pm, very nice.

We scoped out the new mid mountain lodge construction during a recent visit. It is triangle shaped with no deck in sight - just a LOT of glass. Specs say 2700 sq.ft. and seating for 95 inside but there was also some talk of a ski-up window to get food and drinks, so maybe there will also be some seating outside
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:03 am

Lift Ops Update‼️
We plan to have the rebuilt motor for the Kennebago back sometime today, with the intent of being able run that chair on Thursday.
We are also expecting components for the South Branch on property Thursday afternoon, with the hope of running that chair on Friday.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Glade Monkey wrote:Don't see Seth's name anywhere in the results....https://www.live-timing.com/report.php?r=251615&rp=1004288&page=1

Pix of the competitors
https://eisenhaurphotography.mypixieset.com/SaddlebackBankedSlalom/
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby WrathOfAramark » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:27 pm

I certainly had fun in the race. The vibe on the deck was cool Saturday afternoon.
WrathOfAramark
Sugarloafer

Location: If I said I was born and raised 1 mile from the NH border, would you still think me a Masshole?

Return to Saddleback discussion