Potential Summit Lift Upgrades

What will the valley and surrounding areas look like in the future? Discuss future infrastructure, transportation & growth topics here.

Potential Summit Lift Upgrades

Postby Ski_The_East » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Timberline is clearly going.
It has a long ride time and is slow
it serves a bunch of natural trails that almost never open
what are some possible better upgrades you ask?
I have three.
1. replace Timberline with a t bar or platter starting above the top of bateau. cost: 0.5-1 million. quick and cheap summit access with little wind.

2. replace timberline with a jigback tram starting at the top of King Pine. Relatively cheap, probably 1.5-2.5 million, has quick snowfields access and lapping and could act as a signature lift. only con is it may be subject to small wind although there are no towers and only two cabins that could have open or closed windows

3. buy the willamette pass sixpack for 2.6 million and offer up the parts (excluding the bottom terminal) on king pine and all of timberline. this could decrese cost. install at the bottom of gondi on condo cross cut to summit. options to run as sixpack, chondola or gondola. if run as sixpack, cabins could be used on future sawduster pulse gondola

4. 1 and 2 together
Ski_The_East
Sugarloafer

Re: Potential Summit Lift Upgrades

Postby gondicar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Hooray, its lift upgrade thread #1,237,829!

:wink: :D
Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby Ski_The_East » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:16 pm

imagine a whole sub forum! Seriosuly, stop. If you don't have anything good to say, stay away. Please stop being am old fart
Ski_The_East
Sugarloafer

Postby Andrew B. » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Ski_The_East wrote:imagine a whole sub forum!

G-R-R-R-R-R-E-A-T IDEA :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
all new, ridiculous, never gonna happen, waste of band width lift upgrade threads go in this forum.
I say go for it :!:
Petition Tristan for a forum name change
:D
Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip
And come on up to the Mothership
Andrew B.
King Masshole

Postby Andrew B. » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Ski_The_East wrote: If you don't have anything good to say, stay away. Please stop being am old fart

yeah......
ya damn old fart :wink: :evil: :lol:
Andrew B.
King Masshole

Postby Ski_The_East » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:56 pm

you people really need to find something better to do than harass teenagers. like i post this stuff to get it out there you could at least respect it and not trash it. get a life.
Ski_The_East
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Ski_The_East wrote:you people really need to find something better to do than harass teenagers. like i post this stuff to get it out there you could at least respect it and not trash it. get a life.

You need a thicker skin, son.
Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby Andrew B. » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:28 pm

gondicar wrote:
Ski_The_East wrote:you people really need to find something better to do than harass teenagers. like i post this stuff to get it out there you could at least respect it and not trash it. get a life.

You need a thicker skin, son.

+1
Andrew B.
King Masshole

Postby Ski_The_East » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:46 pm

actually i don't. honestly, does it even pop into your little minds that maybe, just maybe you should just go along with me or ignore it. stop acting so immature.
Ski_The_East
Sugarloafer

Postby Gstring » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:22 pm

I say ... go for it STE.

Life's too short to be dissuaded by us jaded and all-knowing old farts. Follow your passion. Just be prepared to deal with the blowback.

New blood is good blood.
Gstring
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Ski_The_East wrote:actually i don't. honestly, does it even pop into your little minds that maybe, just maybe you should just go along with me or ignore it. stop acting so immature.

gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:37 pm

Gstring wrote:I say ... go for it STE.

Life's too short to be dissuaded by us jaded and all-knowing old farts. Follow your passion. Just be prepared to deal with the blowback.

New blood is good blood.

Gstring is wise. Listen to Gstring.
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Return to Future Forum