Sunday Farmer's Markets at The Rack

A place for the rest of the year. Discuss all your off season activities here. (Hiking, Golf, Cycling, Kayaking, Sailing, Camping, Climbing, Rafting, etc..)

Sunday Farmer's Markets at The Rack

Postby cveccentric » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 am

Fresh Veggies coming your way Sundays at The Rack BBQ

NOTE: This notice was for last Sunday, but they say it is planned for every Sunday and is on their sign.

Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 11:07am

Hello Carrabassett Valley,
This is Melissa Doak (GreenWay Farm). Adam and I are spending our summer in
Windsor growing all sorts of stuff! Things are looking great and a lot of stuff is ready for harvest.
We thought it would be nice to have a farm stand out side at The Rack on Sundays from 3pm-6pm. Both so that you all have access to fresh food and so that we have an excuse to go to camp. We hope soon that Matt Keene and friends will come with their vegetables, also Greg Thomas with his beautiful photos, and anyone else with crafts etc.
This Sunday 6/23 we will have red potatoes, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, radish, rhubarb, herbs (dill, cilantro,lovage,&basil), garlic scapes, and flowers. I also have potted perennial flowers. I will bring a few of each type, unless I hear there is a greater demand.
We are very excited to be able to offer potatoes so early, and I have to give credit to Eliot Coleman and his 4 season approach. We started these from our own potatoes harvested last year, and started them in a hoop house early April.
Please pass this news along, and hope to see you on Sunday!
Thanks Melissa
cveccentric
Sugarloafer

Return to Off Season.