The Widowmaker

A place for partying! Discuss music, bars, apre's ski and anything in between right here.

The Widowmaker

Postby Ski It » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:04 am

Is it time to show the Widowmaker some love and give it a face lift? I really enjoy the Widowmaker, its just feels..... old and tired. Perhaps I'm on an island of my own, but I feel as though the Widowmaker has been loosing relevance over the last few years.
Sugarloafer since '80
Ski It
Sugarloafer

Re: The Widowmaker

Postby rootwitch » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 pm

It does need a facelift. The food, beer selections, and service have had a reboot, time for the room. Ate there twice this weekend and was quite pleased.
Which route?
rootwitch
Sugarloafer

Postby Skimaine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:55 pm

I rarely went to the Widowmaker until this year. However, The food is much improved and the boat drinks are a nice improvement as well. We are finding our way there quite often. If you have not visited lately it is worth a try.

I would agree that it needs a face lift. I few appetizers that feed less than an army would be great as well. Lastly, the arrangement for the bands needs improving. If you not with-in 20 feet of the stage,the sound is quite poor.
One is one to many and one more is never enough
Skimaine
Sugarloafer

Postby rootwitch » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Skimaine wrote:I rarely went to the Widowmaker until this year. However, The food is much improved and the boat drinks are a nice improvement as well. We are finding our way there quite often. If you have not visited lately it is worth a try.

I would agree that it needs a face lift. I few appetizers that feed less than an army would be great as well. Lastly, the arrangement for the bands needs improving. If you not with-in 20 feet of the stage,the sound is quite poor.

The food is so much better than prior years as is the service. The atmosphere needs a reboot.
Which route?
rootwitch
Sugarloafer

Postby heavysquad2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:42 am

I'm not a big fan of the place. A good friend went for the film fest a few weeks ago: "we were informed they stopped serving food at 7:50 and the kitchen was closed…but the clock said 7:45"

who the frig shuts down a kitchen at 7:50?
KING OF THE MOUNTAIN mountain mountain mountain.......
heavysquad2
Sugarloafer

Return to Nightlife, Music, etc..