Mt. Abrams

Postby Pow on the Mao » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:40 am

Anyone been to the DH bike park?
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Re: Mt. Abrams

Postby ottoclave2 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Been a couple of times. It's fun, but no Highland. The chair is slow. Great vibe and $20/session on Sunday is well worth it.

Once they get the trail under the lift finished, that will be a nice addition to the network.

I'd rather go to Mt. A than tp Cranmore.
ottoclave2
Sugarloafer

Postby Andrew B. » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:05 pm

Was there 2 years ago for the grand opening. The lift wasn’t yet running and they were ferrying folks up on a truck. We rode up which was a nice work road.
The one DH trail they had finished then was a flowy machine groomed trail they you could really open it up on.
Folks say the deck scene is rocking, it was the day they had the Grand opening. That’s not hard to believe as loose boots is a great apres scene generally.
Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip
And come on up to the Mothership
Andrew B.
King Masshole

Postby chriscarleton » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:28 pm

Pow on the Mao wrote:Anyone been to the DH bike park?

Go, it's absolutely great and is going to get even better.

Admittedly, I had my hesitations after I had seen some of the builds and then heard from several trusted friends that it wasn't that great. However, it would seem they have a new building team. I went up for a visit a few weeks ago and I can't say enough good things about their operation. While the older less than stellar trails still exist, they have a few new trails that are REALLY REALLY well built and are incredibly fun for all ability levels. It looks like they have about two more really nice machine built flow trails that may get finished this summer.

Mt Abram Bike Park is not Highland, but is super fun and extremely well built. It would seem that maybe they have better dirt than Highland as most of the flow trails have almost no braking bumps or erosion.

The other thing that is really cool about Mt A is there is really a natural progression, where as at Highland - you're either riding Cats Paw (easy and fun) or Hellion (big and big consequences). It's truly a great place for all abilities.
chriscarleton
Sugarloafer

Return to Mountain Biking